Top 5 Posts of 2015
December 23, 2015
By Bruce McIvor
Time to look back on our most read posts of 2015. Here are the top 5.
- Although it was posted less than a month ago, our skewering of arguments for denying Indigenous rights quickly shot to the top of the charts.
- Our first post of 2015 on how the two biggest decisions from the Supreme Court in 2014 affect Treaty First Nations was popular across the country.
- Our case comment on Fort Nelson First Nation v. British Columbia struck a note with readers as an example of a positive court decision.
- In contrast, our case comment on Yahey v. British Columbia was an example of how the duty to consult disappoints Indigenous people.
- Our case comment on Chartrand v. British Columbia was another example of how the duty to consult has the potential to deliver positive results for Indigenous Peoples.
Bruce McIvor, lawyer and historian, is principal of First Peoples Law Corporation.
For more First Peoples Law comments see our publications page
Receive email notification of new blog postings
By pressing "Subscribe" you are consenting to receive periodic emails from First Peoples Law. You may unsubscribe at any time. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Post a Comment
Above photo credits: Barry Calhoun